Do you have a book in you?
  • About Gregorian Chant, choral music, organ music - a collection? A hymnal?

We are accepting manuscripts for possible publication.

noel@frogmusic.com
  • BenBen
    If someone told me I had a book in me, I would have thought it would be something I should have checked out.
  • G
    I dunno, that inclination to gluttony of mine, maybe absent-mindedly...

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • CharlesW
    Perhaps "The Theology and Practice of the Bowtie." ;-)
    Thanked by 2Vilyanor Ben
  • VilyanorVilyanor
    I'll be attempting to publish my English Les Heures Gregorienne, but I doubt it'll be done for around a year at least. Is that the kind of thing you'd take?
  • Sure! (to Vilyanor)
  • Hmm...I mostly deal with instrumental sacred music, and/or instrumental accompaniment to sacred choral music...any interest there? No hurry I'm
    still a bit fried from the thesis :)
  • Yes, definitely.
  • Okay...to zero in, late 17th century Austro-German instrumental/acc. to sacred vocal music. My thesis examined the last instrumental composition of Heinrich Biber's Harmonia Artificioso-Ariosaand the influence/prevalence of organ/keyboard genres and idioms in the collection, which are seven trio sonatas for various stringed instruments. (And also the self borrowings from the work that appear in Biber's sacred music). I'm a glutton for punishment apparently....dear God I would happily write more about this for anyone who could benefit from it!
  • I have an opus whose working title is "stuff for three to four part choir that I ripped off from Ravanello, Rossini, Lindusky and Choralwiki" - I know, title needs work - would that do?
    Thanked by 1irishtenor
  • igneusigneus
    If I write a compendium of sound theological arguments (throughout the history) against use of pipe organ in liturgy, will you want to publish it? :)
    Thanked by 2Adam Wood eft94530
  • Sure! To all three...the last one of particular interest. If you want to have a best seller, controversy helps!