O Cum Sanctis : by Koerber : free to all (happy feast day)
  • francis
    Inspired by another thread:

Happy Feast Day Bretheren and Sisteren.

(if vid is not available, it's because I am still trying to upload it.)

see-hear video

download the score

• francis
    [Thanks CHG for your thanks.]

The truth about this piece.

I woke up at 2 in the morning. Could not sleep. So to entertain God and myself, (and perchance, you, after reading the long thread on 'O When The Saints'), I opened Sibelius to play.

I don't play video games (well, very, very rarely... space invaders, asteroids and tetris... no shoot em ups or adventure puzzles)

After 15 minutes I had the sketch for this piece from start to finish. Then of course, it takes 95% of the time to make it shine. So about three hours of massaging the work, I finished this at about 4 or 5am, can't remember exactly how long.

This is a total spoof, not to be taken seriously. It is NOT worth the time to learn this piece as Sib does a fine job performing it for us, and we really need to attend to worthwhile music.

Five hours after completing this piece I was conducting our newly formed children's schola and adult choir in the introit 'Gaudeamus' and the Missa de Angelis with organ accomp from the NOH, very much in the spirit of the monastic choir of Fontgombault as heard here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klddb5e70-c

Composing this piece was simply comic relief for the intense music that I had to perform for the morning of All Saints in some of the most beautiful liturgies I have ever experienced on the face of God's good earth.

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled" (Matthew 5:6).

• I love it, Francis! Thanks for posting.
  • francis
    Yw... Was a fun little brain game