Music Director - Our Lady of Grace - Palm Bay, FL
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Music Director
    Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
    300 Malabar Road, Palm Bay, FL 32907
    Phone: (321) 725-3066
    Email: tflavell@ourladyofgracechurch.com, twood@ourladyofgrace.com
    HLP-8273 Posted 09/03/15

Dynamic/Diverse community seeks full-time Music Director to foster music ministry growth/development and community's full active participation in liturgy. Qualifications: pastoral musician/ minimum BA in Music; piano/conducting/vocal skills; knowledge of/respect for Catholic liturgy, traditional/contemporary Catholic music; ability to engage a population diverse in age and ethnicity. Plan/prepare music for weekend/Holyday Masses including Spanish Mass. Assist with funerals/weddings/special liturgies. Recruit/develop/direct adult/youth/children's choirs, cantors/accompanists, instrumental ensembles/bell choir. Work closely with liturgy director, music director assistant. Organizational, pastoral and communication skills are essential. Bilingual helpful. Continued professional/personal faith growth expected. Submit résumé by email. Start: ASAP. Open until filled.

-------
    Note from the poster...

This is the parish that I grew up in. (twood@ourladyofgrace.com is my mother)

They are a piano/guitar/drums kind of a place.
    The current priest is conservative/orthodox but mostly not traditionalist.
    If you are looking for a CMAA-ideal parish, this is not and will not be it.
    But I know that this board gets a lot of participation from the non-trad crowd, so I'm sharing this here.

If you think you can do good work in a contemporary-music parish built in the late 90's, this community will treat you well. They have problems, like parishes do, but they are a good and faithful community.

Feel free to PM me if you end up needing inside info.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions