O Lord, we beseech Thee....
  • eft94530eft94530
    coolest thing to be on the altar with him singing at Mass.”

Sigh.
    Thanked by 1Gavin
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Another "National's Stadium" eft? I guess Stehle and Cdl. Don are down widdit.
  • Eft,

Indeed. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a papal visit during which Masses were held in Church buildings? "Coolest thing" "on" the altar? Maybe someone will try to get a selfie with His Holiness during the Mass?

Venerable Pope Pius IX, pray for us
    St. Pius X, pray for us
    St. Michael the Archangel, pray for us
    St. Francis of Assisi, pray for us
    Thanked by 1eft94530
  • Liam
    "Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a papal visit during which Masses were held in Church buildings? "

I fully agree with that. I am no fan of mega-Masses. There are, as much of a surprise as it may be across the spectrum, progressive reasons to avoid them. Mega-Masses have a tendency to turn congregations into an audience, especially where the experience of Mass becomes largely mediated through screens and where terrible acoustics means that the congregation's ability to participate becomes hobbled by the fixes needed for that. (For the same reason, I would argue against constructing monster-scale churches/cathedrals; I don't believe in tearing existing ones down, but we should discourage the creation of more of them.)

So, you can add that to your quiver of arguments agin' them.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen eft94530