What would the EF debate the OF over? New Oxford Review tells.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    After getting and perusing the July/Aug. issue of the New Oxford Review, I read a lovely little piece of parabolic fiction by Deacon W. Patrick Cunningham of San Antonio. Deacon apparently attended the Indy Colloquium in 2014 and was moved to imagine what a conversation the characters OF and EF would have (with moderator.) It's clever, not at all excessively scholarly or protracted. The central focus of the article regards how each rite "informs" the other, as Cunningham was invoking PEmeritus B16's motu of '07. I hope to have the Review's permission to link this forum and the Café to the entire article within a couple of days. The good deacon assiduously avoids the snark that often attends such compare/contrast discussions, and actually the article could serve as a bridge not only for RotR, but perhaps actualizing the pastoral choice to celebrate the Vetus Ordo. Keep you posted.
  • chonakchonak
    Is that anything like the TV ads in which "PC" and "Mac" were talking characters?
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I hope to have the Review's permission to link this forum and the Café to the entire article within a couple of days.

If it is already online, you don't need anyone's permission to link to it.
  • chonakchonak
    I think they keep their current issue behind a paywall, so most of us wouldn't be able to see it unless NOR did something to make the article accessible.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Yes. But actually Adam, I have received assurance that they will release the link because of the special nature of the article in relation to CMAA, their officer, Peter Vrees, is more than happy to put the archive of it up early.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Adam Wood
  • melofluentmelofluent
    I would like to thank Mr. Pieter Vree and his "New Oxford Review" staff for their extremely courtesy.
    The article by Rv.Mr. Cunningham can be found here

• CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Melo, it seems they want me to subscribe (and pay a fee) to read the entire article. If that's the case, I'll pass.
    Thanked by 2Adam Wood CharlesW
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Yeah, I posted that at the Café. Sorry.....I tried. I've asked Deacon Cunningham if he'd be willing to share the balance of the article. Again, sorry.
    Thanked by 1Priestboi