Southwest Minnesota Music Director/Choir Director/Organist
  • I am in the beginnings of helping the pastor and associate pastor find my replacement at a beautiful parish in southwest Minnesota. (I am moving back home to assist with family during a difficult time.) A more formal announcement will be made in the near future but for now the position's duties can be described as:

Parish Music Director. He/she should be the primary organist, the parish choir director, the Children's Choir director, the High School Choir director (meets for 45 minutes M-F), the Schola instructor and director/organist, (this is a school Mass choir of mostly Sopranos and Altos with 1-2 short rehearsals a week and 1 Mass a week) the director of the Traditional Latin Mass Schola, and selector of all the music, both for the congregation and for all the ensembles, based on his/her understanding of repertoire, his/her understanding of pedagogy, and his/her communication with the pastor.

The pastor is very committed to doing things the right way. He is very appreciative of theological soundness and clarity. The parish has several English Novus Ordo Masses a weekend, and an EF (TLM) every Sunday. There is also a small Spanish Mass one could get involved with if desired.

Great community, beautiful church, great commitment to beauty and liturgical renewal. Let me know if you are desiring more information. I am committed to seeing this parish find a great person; we would stay if not for our family situation...

Jacob Flaherty
    jacobianflaherty@gmail.com
    480 x 320 - 59K
    183 x 275 - 11K
    448 x 336 - 95K
    1600 x 1200 - 300K
    Thanked by 1Elizabeth_Schmitz
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions