communions in Weber's The Proper of the Mass
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    I've had a chance to delve a bit in this volume, having been put off by a too-casual first perusal that didn't take in the four-progressively-simpler-versions-of-everything format (gives a new spin to 4th option!). I thought it might be a good looking place for supplemental communion verses today (P.B. Ford's American Gradual offering only one verse for the shortish Circuibo) but to my surprise there is no three-year cycle of communion antiphons, and to my even greater surprise it gives Oculi omnium for OT 12 and Benedic anima mea for OT 13, not corresponding to the one-year lectionary either. Are these the 'missal propers' such as might turn up in Breaking Bread?
  • Paul F. Ford
    P. Ford reminds you that B. Ford is the author of the American Gradual.
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    I kind of knew that, but changed B to P after doublechecking the title page of a book near to hand. If only I'd noticed that above the name it said By Flowing Waters!
    Thanked by 1Paul F. Ford
  • SalieriSalieri
    Fr. Weber only uses the Introit and Communion Antiphons from the Roman Missal, Third Edition, not those of the Graduale. The Missal communions are often different from the Gradual ones, and are set on a one-year cycle. So OT 12 is Oculi no matter what year.
    Thanked by 2Richard Mix eft94530