Weapons of Mass Destruction
  • Kathy
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • rollingrj
    Could have been worse. Could have been minions.

(Repeated from the original location.)
  • Jeffrey Quick
    Missiles are WMDs. Missalettes, then, would be Small Weapons of Mass Destruction.
    Thanked by 2JulieColl francis
  • Indeed, missalettes have done as much harm to the beauty and integrity of the mass as a number of missiles might do!
  • So, which is worse: ISIL or ICEL?
  • Irony, isn't it?, that Catholics, who are supposed, by virtue of enjoying the Whole Faith, The True Faith, Real Sacraments, the Magisterium, and so forth, to be the most divinely blessed and fortunate Christians of all, are the only ones who worship from periodical pulp booklets called missalettes. No other Christians are thought so little of, nor kept in such ignorance, and given such sleazy materials for the worship of the All Holy.

What is Catholic worship like? The answer to this is not unlike the old quip about the man who walked into a Paris bookshop back in the days of the Fourth Republic, before de Gaulle ushered in a more stable system, and asked for a book on French government. He was told ever so politely, 'oh, I am so sorry, m'sieur, but we do not carry periodicals'.
  • OraLabora
    Some of the music I've heard at Mass certainly qualifies as weapons of Mass destruction!!!
  • francis
    here was a cartoon i penned some months ago hinting at the same subject about the publishers 'reinventing the wheels' through publishing of missalettes
    1229 x 842 - 154K
  • Jeffrey Quick
    So, which is worse: ISIL or ICEL?

We probably shouldn't go there, but...
    ISIL: Get head chopped off, go to Heaven as a martyr.
    ICEL (in the earlier versions. or as symbol of NO liturgy, not necessarily any specific current or past ICEL members): Experience bad liturgy, lose faith, go to the other place.
  • Jeffrey,

Sure, it's fun to imagine this sort of thing - and hence the joke: what's the difference between a liturgist and a terrorist? Seriously, though, consider the nearly incalculable damage which a group of translators did to the transmission of the faith.

Cheers,

Chris