Trinity Sunday from Saint Peter's, Columbia, South Carolina
  • Mark HuseyMark Husey
    Music for Trinity Sunday includes excerpts of Christopher Tye's "Missa Euge Bone" sung by our chamber choir Saturday and Sunday at 11 AM (hat tip to John Bertalot's Princeton Singers circa 1990 and my former choir of Saint John's in the Village), and Benjamin Britten's "Missa Brevis" sung 9 AM Sunday by Capella Pueri of St. Peter's Catholic School. John Stainer's "I saw the Lord" (albeit bifurcated) and a mash-up of Dom Gregory Murray's ubiquitous "Alleluia" with the interstellar "Gloria Patri" of Herbert Howells' "Gloucester Magnificat" round out the choral portions of this solemnity's musical offerings from Saint Peter's Catholic Church: Columbia, South Carolina USA. #choirseasonfinale #runningonfumes #whatmusicbudget
  • kevinfkevinf
    Good for you. We ran out of steam at Pentecost. I was glad personally....
  • BruceL
    I'll keep you in mind...I thought I was the only person this crazy!

We're doing a concert and vespers on Sunday:

Durufle Missa cum jubilo
    Rheinberger Op. 187 Mass
    RVW Five Mystical Songs

Vespers is pretty basic, with just a Lassus Mag and alternatim Te Deum, but it's the first time our choir has done anything like this. I'll pray for you...and vice versa, please! :)

Also, shout out to Kevin for loaning his score to me for Durufle...what would we do without each others' support?
  • Tournemire
    Glad to see you guys are also still going as well. Oakland Cathedral Choir will be singing until the 11th Sunday of Ordinary Time on June 14. But I can tell the choir is ready to go on break! The Children sang their last Sunday before summer break at Pentecost.
  • ghmus7
    I just did the WV with a wonderful baritone.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    I love to sing the RVW "Five Mystical Songs" and have sung it several times. But for once, just once, I'd like to be able to do it with orchestra instead of organ (or piano). I'll probably be doing it again (with organ and choir) this coming year.
    Thanked by 1SamuelDorlaque