Website Provider Suggestions
  • JDE
    Dear Colleagues:

Recently I have begun to consider selling copies of my compositions (because of reasons, to quote Adam Wood). Does anyone have suggestions on which Website provider to use for this sort of thing? I have looked at Weebly and Squarespace, both of which will integrate with Google products, and am also planning to offer music through Amazon. But if anyone has experience with selling (really, licensing copies of) music through the Intarwebz, I am eager for your input. For instance, I have bought a couple of copies of a wonderful setting of Psalm 139 by Richard J. Clark through his site (and I heartily recommend his work, by the way; this song in particular is as rewarding for the accompanist as for the singer).

Feel free to reply privately if you prefer not to publish your thoughts, but I really have little idea where to begin other than what I have mentioned above. Thank you for your thoughts!
  • francis
    JDE:

I self publish through my own custom site, myopus.com which i interfaced with paypal. its the 'buck a beer' model. www.myopus.com. WordPress is a great tool for doing this without writing code.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    WordPRess and WP Ecommerce or, if you want to pay a little, Woo Commerce.