Well, this sucks. Prayers please.
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    My mother has been admitted to the hospital for chronic migraines. I'm going to have to move back into her place for a while to house-sit for her, as well as provide care for her when she gets back.

Sooo - looks like Colloquium this year is a no-go.

Have a good time for me, everyone. I was really looking forward to this, but maybe the next CMAA event. And please pray for my mother.
  • ClergetKubiszClergetKubisz
    Sorry to hear about your mom, bro. I won't be at the Colloquium this year, either. Perhaps we can do some chant together in the meantime, and mayhap I will still see you at St. Pat's for the EF?
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Prayers for your mom and you, Stimson. Try to keep your chin up. When a door is closed, other, more rewarding possibilities often emerge.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Stimson, a year or two away from colloquium will only make the next one attended ever the sweeter! May those who care for your mother have their hearts, minds and hands anointed by the Holy Spirit so that her suffering can be washed away, amen.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Praying for you and your mom, Stimson. It's much the same situation for me and my wife Patty, who has major surgery coming up on June 17th, with an expected 3-5 month recuperation in which she will not be able to do much of anything at all, but at least she just got a good followup report on surgery last summer to remove a renal cell carcinoma. One of these years, we'll get to Colloquium, right?
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Prayers for you and Patty, Charles, and thanks for the beautiful prayer, Charles. I've been caring for my semi-invalid mother-in-law for 5 years now and it does hamper one's social and travel opportunities, but she is the most lovable and sweet person imaginable. The life lessons we've learned have been worth the sacrifices and inconveniences. Hope we can make it to Colloquium one of these years, too.
  • bonniebede
    prayers.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • G
    So sorry to hear this, both of you Mother's struggles and your absence from the Colloquium. Himself still tlalks about what a great time he had with everyone at the brunch.
    Prayers for your Mother, and fo you, (care-taking can be grueling, and emotionally draining.)

Save the Liturgy, Save the World!