NOH Kyriale in LilyPond
  • I've finished copying all of volume V of the NOH into spreadsheets, and am now converting them into LilyPond (via the GABC to Lilypond scripts I uploaded to https://github.com/ahinkley/gabc-to-ly). Before I start mass producing them, I've uploaded the files for one of them here to get some feedback (txt extension added). There's a few technical issues, like for some reason the clef and key signature aren't showing up at the start of lines. If anyone can tell me why I will be most grateful!
  • BTW I intend to contribute the finished scores into the repository at https://github.com/CMAA/nova-organi-harmonia, as well as produce a new improved edition of the original books, if copyright permits such a project.
  • BenBen
    This seems awesome. Keep at it. Lilypond is great, and it's always great having sacred music in usable, open formats that can be retypeset to any need at any time.
    Thanked by 1Ralph Bednarz
  • Retypeset, and most importantly, easily transposed. Many thanks, Andrew, for this project.
    Thanked by 1Ben
  • BenBen
    Future major project suggestion: transcribing all the propers as well, and reorganizing them into an Ordinary Form NOH (with the new calendar)
    Thanked by 1eft94530
  • I have a draft form retypeset 1908 Graduale Romanum. The TOC, links and hyperlinks aren't working properly yet.
  • Update:

I have copied volumes I, II and V from the NOH. Here's the links to the files. The Lilypond files are neither sorted nor proofread.

The Lilypond files are here.

and the CSV sources are here.:

You'll need this file for compiling. unfortunately the \include lines in the files are not yet portable... :S
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • The file for compiling is a link to nowhere. Besides, thanks for the good work.

You mentioned a 1908 Graduale retypeset; any chance to find that online too?
  • Oops... missing quote mark in the code. I have fixed it and will bring it up next time I'm in the Confessional. :)

The draft form Graduale is here.