Cyrus S. Mallard works
  • dmin1dmin1
    Greetings. I am looking for organ works by the late American composer Cyrus S. Mallard. His most popular work is the "A Joyous Postlude" that appears in "The Chapel Organist". Unfortunately, just about everything else he wrote has disappeared. Most of his scores were only published in early issues of "The Organist", however Lorenz does not have any of them any longer. I have found a few works in used bookstores, but not many. Does anyone have any old Cyrus S. Mallard organ pieces laying around that they might be willing to share or know where I might find any? I've tried several libraries including Sibley. Not much luck.
  • Jeffrey Quick
    Most of the stuff on WorldCat is from Presser, and some by H. W. Grey. Except for Chapel Organist (61 holdings), holdings are pretty shallow (1 5, 2 2, and the rest singles). Good luck to you; he's pretty obscure.
    Thanked by 1dmin1
  • MarkThompson
    "Cyrus Mallard" is one of the best names I've heard in a long time. I'm picturing:

• CHGiffenCHGiffen
    I was going to suggest putting on a teal shirt and ducking over to the Drake U library to see if one might find a few Mallards. But my car wouldn't budgie.