Music for 50th Wedding Anniversary Mass (some Spanish)
  • AR111
    Would anyone have suggestions for music (English or Spanish) for a 50th Wedding Anniversary Mass? The couple is from Colombia. I speak English but can handle some Spanish.
  • daniel
    The Roman Missal recommends Mass for Giving Thanks to God (pg 1323), so I use the Entrance and Communion Antiphons from there as my guide. I have used: Cantare Alabanzas al Senor (Entrance), Bendeciremos por siempre al Senor (Psalm), El Amor Nunca Pasara (Offertory), Te Damos Gracias Senor (Communion), and Demos Gracias al Senor (Recessional). They're all from Flor y Canto II, but the Psalm is from World Library.
  • AR111,

Given that this couple has been married for 50 years, why not ask them what, if any, music they had at their wedding?

God bless,

Chris
    Thanked by 1Gavin
  • ronkrisman
    The Roman Missal recommends Mass for Giving Thanks to God (pg 1323)

In the section, "Masses and Prayers for Various Needs and Occasions," of the Roman Missal (third edition), three Mass formularies specifically designed for wedding anniversaries are found at "11. On the Anniversaries of Marriage." In the second edition of the RM, those Mass formularies were also included, but they were in the "Ritual Masses: Marriage" section.