Motet: Salve Sancta Parens a 3
  • SalieriSalieri
    I bought this recording when I was about 13, and I was immediately enthralled by the polyphony.

There is a an English 3-part setting of Conditor Alme Siderum on this CD that I later found on CPDL. HERE.

However, I have been searching for years for a copy of this setting of Salve Sancta Parens: it is a 3 voice motet (with two other texts on top of the Cantus Firmus. I didn't know if anyone had any leads as to where one could find the music for this piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqjdkCsd_tk&index=2&list=PLgIb2fSOsSsqQrjPq0UFfogLuJJ0VvdFW
  • SalieriSalieri
    Well, I have almost tracked it down. This motet is a4, not a3 as I originally thought.

WOc Add. 68, frag. xxxv

25. Salve mater redemptoris/Salve lux languentium/Salve sine spina rosa/T. [Salve]
    sancta parens enixa puerpera
    fol. 11; [Frag. xxxv, fol. 5r = Ob 20, fol. 33]; troped chant setting a4; facs. WMH,
    frontispiece and front cover art on LP disc Nonesuch H-71308; ed. WF, no. 64,
    PMFC XIV, no. 74 [=Polyphonic Music of the Fourteenth Century, Volume XIV: English Music of the Thirteenth and Early Fourteenth Centuries, Ernest H. Sanders.]

Now, just to try to track down a copy.