Has anyone written a proposal for funds to their finance committee?
  • canadashcanadash
    I would like to go to the Colloquium. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to go, but I'd also like my sons to come with me.

First, my sons are 15/16 and good singers and interested in church music. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not they would grow in their faith if they attend? I don't think I would have to monitor them very closely; anyone have any thoughts about this?

Secondly, I need financial help if I want this to happen. I've inquired about bursaries and, rightly, it is asked that you go to your parish for help first. So I would like to put together a proposal. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Even suggestions as to what I or my children would gain from the week to put in the proposal would be helpful.
  • gregpgregp
    Canadash, I think they would get a lot out of it. It's not just the tremendous amount of learning that goes on there; it's also the spiritual and emotional 'feeling' (for want of a better word) that singing with that many other people gives you.

On the movie that CC Watershed made about the 2009 colloquium, Mary Ann Carr Wilson said something to the effect of "at the Colloquium, you get a one-two punch; great sacred music, and faithfulness to the Magisterium".
  • bonniebede
    The kids of that age who help in my parish are junior leaders. Leaders need training. Especially if you have or want to have a programme for younger children, having the teens trained and teaching is essential. A programme for younger kids is an important contribution to having any programme in the future, hence training the teen to be able to lead and teach should be a priority project, and worthy of financial support.