Lætatus Sum (SATB) by Fernando Gil
  • Hello everyone, just to show one of my pieces:

Lætatus Sum

I'm excited to hear your feedback!
  • Fernandogil,

May I suggest that there will be greater interest in a posted (or linked) score, rather than merely a recording?

cheers,

Chris
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Nice work, Fernando. I can almost hear the King's Singers presenting this with their mastery of close harmony. Your singers do well, too. But they have yet to reach the Parnassus of perfect intonation and tuning. Don't stop!
  • chonakchonak
    MJO, you might re-read the web page to see who made the recording.
  • The accompanying text is in Spanish, in which I am not literate. Who are the singers? Oh, now I see the reference to Chanticleer, whom I admire. This makes my comment rather serious, doesn't it? But I do stand by it. Um, maybe it's the recording's fault.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    It is clearly Matthew Curtis singing all the parts. Sounds just like him.

I think it is interesting that you hear
    they have yet to reach the Parnassus of perfect intonation and tuning.

I'm about 99% sure he uses autotune. And I'm pretty sure autotune can't handle the constantly shifting micro-intonation adjustments of acapella choral tuning.
  • Whew! Thanks for that, Adam.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    What about the motet, folks? Mr. Gil's inventiveness is formidable, his voice-leadings both intuitively fulfilling and often surprising and it is a satisfying listen. The only question is whether I could discern any melodic or even harmonic motifs upon which I could hang my hat and sigh "yes" in the moment. For example, Frank LaRocca's "O Magnum..." reflects such an idiomatic coherency as does Lauridsen/Whitaker/Part et al.
    Please further this discussion.