Sacred Music Issue is on its way...
  • The Spring 2015 issue has been printed and has been shipped as of the 10th, so you should see it in your mailbox very soon...
    Thanked by 1Ben
  • TCJ
    Now I just need to go read all the other issues that I haven't finished. My reading is quite backed up at the moment.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Mine arrived yesterday. The editorial by Mahrt as well as the articles by Ostermann, Mahrt and Schaefer are really outstanding and quite relevant to our times.
    Thanked by 2janetgorbitz BruceL
  • Rub it in, CHGiffen, that you can read quickly :)

I just got mine today (having returned from a trip), and the Ostermann title made my heart go pitter-patter. I'm wicked excited to read it (and then I'll tackle the other journal issues).
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • I guess it didn't take me too long to read the Ostermann. It really made me think about what it is that I am trying to attempt at my own parish. Most of all, however, it showed me how much we miss by just trying to program hymns and songs everybody can sing. So much more should be done at the processions, with the congregational singing focusing most on the dialogues and ordinary.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    If we renew this weekend will we still get this?

I will admonish myself for being late...

Bad matthewj! Bad!
  • rollingrj
    I am in the same boat, Matthew. I sent my check at the end of March.
  • donr
    hey, I haven't received my copy yet and I should be up to date.
  • SalieriSalieri
    donr: I just got mine yesterday, take heart!
  • Carl DCarl D
    Got mine! Yay!
  • If you renew, I promise to dutifully send the issue to you... I sent out a large group of packages to those who renewed after the list had already gone to the printer... more going out tomorrow.
    Thanked by 1rollingrj
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Still nothing in California, I'm paid up.
  • ChoirpartsChoirparts
    Got it..
  • chonakchonak
    For convenience, the CMAA website offers an option to set up a membership payment, with automatic renewals for five years. Easy.

http://musicasacra.com/about-cmaa/membership/

Oh, and if you ever change plans and want to stop those renewals, you can do that through the PayPal web site (under "automatic payments").
  • Melo... your issue was sent, so please let me know if you don't receive it in a few more days... I'll send a replacement.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Thanks, Janet. Pax
  • donr
    I got mine yesterday.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Sorry, Janet, still not arrived.
    C
  • OK... I'll send you another... :) Email coming your way to verify mailing address...
    Thanked by 1melofluent
  • gregpgregp
    I got mine today.
    Thanked by 1melofluent
  • Well... y'know the SM journal does ship from Alabama... only Oregon and Washington are marginally farther away, yet still within the lower 48 states... :)
  • melofluentmelofluent
    It's Arlene, I know it! She's snagged my copy just to get me Irish up. Like I say, give it a few more days, I've always got the Atlantic Monthly or Mad Magazine to finish.
    Since when were Oregon and Washington states? They don't let me cross their borders.
  • bonniebede
    I got mine, had forgotten this came with membership, and in Ireland. Fabulous and interesting reading. thanks. I only paid membership to say thanks for all the blessing received already, and the help the website is... and here I find even more good stuff coming my way.
    What does it mean... to Irish up?
    Thanked by 1janetgorbitz
  • melofluentmelofluent
    BB, I'm actually Scots on both sides, but to get one's Irish up think of the fabulous scene in "The Quiet Man" where John Wayne's character finally decides to, uh, confront his wife's (Maureen O' Hara) immutable stubbornness about her dowry and he traverses from town to cottage with a crescendo of determination.
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • I'm actually rather amazed at just how long it takes our lowly postal service to deliver mail... it all shipped out on April 10th... yet some are just now receiving theirs... I suppose we could recall a Jeff Tucker moment and discuss how a governmental monopoly will not yield good service... but I don't want anyone to "go postal" on me.
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • SalieriSalieri
    I have received packages from England, being shipped Royal Mail, and they arrive in my mailbox in four to seven (business) days. (I can tell from the postage.)

Someone mailed me a package from California, it took four weeks
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Someone mailed me a package from California, it took four weeks
    If it had been an encylopedia, you could have dubbed it your "Califourweekipedia."
  • The shipping class has something to do with it for international shipping. For our international members, we use 1st class international shipping, which is generally pretty good. For the U.S., it is some sort of bulk mail class that we had to jump through a lot of hoops to get :) It should be similar to media mail, but seems to take a lot longer than regular media mail, I think.
  • BruceL
    Media mail's quality has deteriorated greatly over the past decade. I shipped a bunch of scores (actually about six large boxes worth) when I moved to Birmingham. Two were DESTROYED! Since there's no insurance, I was just out of luck. Since then, I've spoken to some librarians that have basically acknowledged that they never ship media mail anymore because of this very reason. Sad.
  • janetgorbitzjanetgorbitz
    Agreed, Bruce. With any larger book orders, I tend to use UPS Ground or FedEx Ground. I have less chance of damage. I have not had great luck with media mail for larger shipments (as you mentioned). Sometimes the boxes will seem as if they have been rolled along the highway at some point in the journey...

However, media mail is still the most cost-effective rate for small orders, such as single books.