Bread from Heaven collection-SAB versions
  • Heath
    Friends, very pleased to say that the Bread from Heaven collection has been selling very well! Many thanks to our confreres who have invested in this resource . . . I do hope that it will find much use in your choir loft! Re-posting this link for the sake of convenience:

http://www.chantcafe.com/2015/02/bread-from-heaven-new-book-of-english.html

I've had a few requests for SAB versions of these motets . . . I did not include any in the collection, as too many concessions had to be made to make them fit that voicing. As you'll see below, a transposition had to made that would make one voice's range a bit extreme or I had to invert the top two lines (i.e. Sopranos sing alto line an octave up), both of which are less-than-ideal.

Nevertheless, I'll post a set of these modifications in this thread with the caveat that I've had to take more liberties than I had to take with the motets in the collection, and therefore, I'll mostly wash my hands of the infelicities contained within these versions! : )

If you find these helpful, please consider checking out the resource linked above and also praying for the Morber family!

• Heath
  • Heath
  • Heath
  • Heath
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Last night (Wednesday, Tax Day) we read through literally every one of Heath's ATB arrangements from BREAD FROM HEAVEN. I believe it serves a choral program in many beneficial ways, in a manner similar to Richard Rices' SIMPLE CHORAL PROPERS. Besides providing access to 2/3 voice part choirs of all abilities, the text settings in English lay very well with the melodic phrasing of each line, the art of voice leading is displayed in such a way that modestly enabled readers can negotiate scale movement, interval and octave leaps with ease, and it could easily be integrated into parochial school/public school curricular repertoire as a pedagogical approach to acquiring sight reading skills.
    Great job, Heath! You're a monster!
    Now, can we get more of your own stuff out there while I got bucks to spend?
    Charles
    Thanked by 1Heath
  • Heath
    (For the record, I did NOT pay Charles to say the above . . . ; )

Charles, thanks for the kind words! If I had to guess, the choristers probably fell in love with the "You Gave Them Bread from Heaven" and "Taste and See" 3-pt settings. Those turned out particularly well . . . thanks for your support, as always!
  • Heath
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Oh, and I was remiss in thanking Mr. Ben Yanke for his diligent typesetting. You too, sir, are a monster!
    Thanked by 1Heath
  • BenBen
    Thank you, kind sir!
    Thanked by 1melofluent
  • Heath
  • Heath