Training or sample videos of the novus ordo sung?
  • bonniebede
    I just did a talk at a conference on music and liturgy, which was great fun. After reading a bit from the various documents of the church, the general feeling was 'why has no one ever told us this stuff? - a feeling I have been sharing these last few years.
    Anyway I realised there is nowhere that I know of to send people to see what a novus ordo mass done well and sung is actually like, there are none in this country that I know off (though I hope I am wrong about that).
    I know St john Cantius priests and the fssp have training videos for saying the extraordinary form, but I can't find anything similar for the ordinary form. There are some nice videos of masses, but none I can find with singing of the propers, and the priest singing all his parts.
    I know there are practice videos and so on for the parts, what I am looking for is a total picture of what it should look and sound like.
    Anyone any ideas?
    Thanks.
    If there is none, could we make one at the colloquium?
  • matthewjmatthewj
    https://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixDiocese/videos

You have to sort through the videos (there are also Catholic interviews and homily-only videos), but as of today there are a full year of Sunday's available. The only time the celebrants/deacons don't sing their part is due to serious illness and no other celebrant being available (there are I believe two Masses without clergy singing in the year of videos).
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen bonniebede