A Capella Settings of the Ordinary (New English translation)??
  • stulte
    Does anyone know of any a capella choral settings of the Ordinary using the new English translation? I'm aware of Paul Jernberg's Mass of St. Philip Neri. Are there any others that have been written? Thank you.
  • stulte
    Thanks Adam! That was fast! Are there any others out there?
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • Thanks for posting that link, Adam. I really like this setting. I've been looking for some new options for the ordinary as well so I'm interested to see what suggestions everyone has.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • SalieriSalieri
    http://forum.musicasacra.com/forum/discussion/11597/missa-campifontis-english-mr3/p1
    You might like this.

I have changed the rhythm of the third Mystery of Faith acclamation: "Save us Savior". I will try to repost, but basically: turn the quarter-note on "Cross" to a half-note, keep everything else the same, but get rid of the dot from the half-note on "-rec-" of Resurrection. It stays in two bars of 2/2. (Cross-post from that thread.)
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Royce Nickel, Mass of St. Therese of Liseaux, CCW
  • stulte
    melofluent: It looks like that's more of a unison/chant-like setting. I'm thinking more along the lines of choral setting in parts.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    melofluent: It looks like that's more of a unison/chant-like setting. I'm thinking more along the lines of choral setting in parts.

Nope, we sang it in SATB as noted with Royce sitting in the bass section on one occasion. It is not at all different than the same approach Paul Jernberg uses in StPN, and JMO with Sherwin et al.
  • stulte

Nope, we sang it in SATB as noted with Royce sitting in the bass section on one occasion. It is not at all different than the same approach Paul Jernberg uses in StPN, and JMO with Sherwin et al.

My mistake then! I apologize. The score I saw on CC Watershed looked like it was melody only for the voice part.
  • CGM
    I think that Aristotle Esguerra did the SATB harmonization of the Royce Nickel Mass (can anyone confirm this?).
    The SATB score is here.
  • @CGM, as much as I'd love to take partial credit for it, Royce's setting is entirely his.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen