Jacques Berthier's organ music
  • In a recent discussion on appropriate organ music for Laetare Sunday, someone mentioned there is a collection by Jacques Berthier titled 50 Pieces for Organ. After some basic searching, I'm pretty certain it's out of print. I know this is probably not the greatest music in the world, I do think this would serve as at the very least respectable, not-dangerous sounding, service music that one could open up and just play. Does anyone know of this collection, or possibly know how I might be able to obtain it? I would even be very grateful if someone has it, and would be possibly willing to scan and send me the better pieces in it!

I have heard Berthier's arrangements of chant tunes for organ, flute, and oboe (the collection is called Salve Regina), and although simple, they are quite nice to listen to, and there is a nice recording on you tube of a set of variations on Allein Gott.

If nothing else, it would be interesting to hear what others think about Berthier's music in general.
  • ghmus7
    There are at least 5 or 6 collevtions of Bertiers organ music.
    When i get into work, i will try and look up some titles

Thanked by 2CharlesW irishtenor