Exposition and Benediction Hymns - Lilypond
  • BenBen
    I am working on a project, and I am looking for 4 pt music in lilypond format. Anyone happen to have these, and willing to share?

O Salutaris - Duget
    Tantum Ergo - St. Thomas
    Holy God We Praise Thy Name - Grosser Gott
  • BenBen
    And more broadly, is there a database similar to GregoBase for Lilypond files?
  • I have lilypond files of the first two pieces. Holy God has music but I never got the words. There is no standard harmonization of that piece, and I am not sure that the one I have is the best.
    The only lilypond project of which I know is mutopia project, but I doubt they would want to host a hymn library. I have a very large collection of lilypond hymn files, but have not figured out yet how to share it with the world.
  • veromaryveromary
    I took the liberty of adapting your Tantum Ergo for our local variation.

Then I printed it and put it in my folder, then a year later I wanted to print another copy but couldn't find it, but I found this page again and redid the modifications again and so I thought, at the risk of resurrecting an old thread, I had better upload the adapted version here or else I'll be riding this merry go round again.

I'm not 100% sure about the last few bars where the difference in tune is more substantial. Arundel Hymns has another variation which is closer to this one.

Hope you find a way to put your Lilypond scores online - I like Github.

There was an attempt to type up the English Hymnal at Project Gutenberg, but I think it stalled.