text on Christus factus est. What sylable is sung at the end of the first section after, "crucis."
  • jefe
    What word or syllable is sung at the end of the first section after, "crucis."? (the 4th line down on my edition below) Likewise, what goes after, "nomen." on the last line of the chant? I'm sure a real Roman on here will have the answer for this lowly Anglican. Voces angelorum is chanting the first night of the Triduum, The Solemn Mass for Holy Thursday, this year, so I'm developing scores for SSAT. In the running are: Anthem at the foot washing by Bruce Ford; Eram quasi angnus by T.L.de Victoria; Ubi caritas by Gjeilo including a prequil chant; Hoc corpus, Gregorian Chant for Communion by our Altos and Tenors; Responsorium VIII, by Victoria; another Ubi Caritas a due, Gregorian chant (I added a second voice); and the below Christus factus est. Thanks in advance for your knowledge about Gregorian Chant usage.
    jefe
    1224 x 1584 - 254K
  • WGS
    Without doing any research, I would on my own personal copy pencil out the "s" at the end of line 3, pencil in an "-i-" a couple of times on line 4 and then put the final "-s" at the end of line 4 right before the double bar.
    Thanked by 1jefe
  • dad29
    Yes. The last syllable (s) "cis" and "men" are sung on those melismas, with the final consonant enounced at the end of the music.
    Thanked by 1jefe