Prayers please.
  • Please may I ask for our prayers for our discernment over the next few weeks. Due to merging parishes and declining priest numbers the Masses in our parish have been rescheduled and the Mass where my family choir sung has been cut. As this coincides with a number of other projects and contracts coming to an end, a few of us who are a mission/ministry team together are undertaking a bit of discernment to see what God is asking us to do next. Of your goodness, please remember us in prayer.
    I will miss my choir (sort of - it is hard work!!!) but it has been an invaluable experience full of joy. I am continuing my children's schola with Eucharistic adoration, which is also such a blessing to me.
    And I take away some great memories - like the two year old who sings so perfectly in tune - but prefers A sounds - Ave, Alleluia and Amen are particularly clear, he fills in wordy songs with a mumble. Or conducting with one hand will making sure the baby doesn't push things through the loft bannisters onto the congregation below. Or the joy of having one of the seven year olds give pointers to the parish music director on how to read chant.
    And thanks to you all here who sparked my interest in liturgical music, have helped with education and practical advice, and got me to take an interest which has now become a passion.
    Can't wait to see what God is planning to do next.
  • Carl DCarl D
    My prayers are with you.
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Bonnie, you are in my prayers.
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • CharlesW
    We trained hard, but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. Presumably the plans for our employment were being changed. I was to learn later in life that, perhaps because we are so good at organizing, we tend as a nation to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.

Charlton Ogburn, “Merrill’s Marauders, the truth about an incredible adventure,” Harpers Magazine, January 1957
    This quotation is often misattributed to one Greek philosopher or another, or to the Roman Petronius.

Classic, but still accurate. One wonders if the church ever learned a thing. The questions of what the church is doing or not doing that cause the declines in attendance seem to never get asked or answered.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    BB, may the roads rise up....
    Blessings from California.
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • donr
    Prayers offered from AZ
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • and from NM
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • ghmus7
    God bless you for your love of him and your work of love!
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • Well it has happened as I expected, no more 12 o;clock Mass, so no more family choir. Thank God for the great experience it was. Last Mass in the morning. Looking forward to being back in the pew for a while, and seeing what God is up to next. Also a good opportunity to invest time in recruiting for the Children's schola, so lots to do still. Thanks for your prayers and support.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen canadash
  • Prayers from CA, especially for your work with the Children's schola. Msgr. Martin Hellriegel used to say that "if you want the adults to learn, teach the children."
    Thanked by 1bonniebede