NPM convention
  • ghmus7
    Hey everyone:
    Are any of you going to the NPM convention in Michigan this summer?
    I am not sure if I am going to be able to go.
    I am interested in the idwa of representing CMAA in
    some way at a booth or have some presence in some way.
    Has anyone done this in the past? Has CMAA ever has a presence
    at NPM?
    With Fr. Ruff and some of our CMAA members involved in the chant division,
    It might be time.
    GH
  • The NPM does have a chant division which I understand has attracted more attention than might be expected. Fr Columba has been the representative at the booth for several years now. Believe it or not, there is around the country a noticeable increase of interest in chant; not that this means there are scads of parishes who want it as any other than one (minor) item on the plate. Still, this is an encouraging sign. OCP is even publishing a book of Fr Columba's communion antiphons. Get in touch with him: I'm sure that he would welcome your help.
  • I posted a similar question a week or so ago. I'm a Catholic DM here in the diocese of Grand Rapids and am quite interested in helping facilitate a CMAA presence at the NPM convention. I suspect that a sizable number of their members would be interested in the resources and event offerings of CMAA. I've also suggested that a 'fringe' musical-liturgical event similar to those of the CMAA summer colloquium might be of interest as well. Anyone interested in any aspect of this should definitely message me and/or Janet G. Display tables and convention passes are quite expensive, so our activities would need to be well-thought-out and well-executed.
  • Have purchased both sets of antiphons from OCP as well as the c.d. Nice having the notes for the psalms on same page as antiphons.
  • Bumping this up: please let me or Janet G know if you're a CMAA member and planning to attend the NPM convention this summer in Grand Rapids.
  • ghmus7
    Daniel, did you get my e-mail?