Calendar for the EF?
  • I asked some friends and didn't bookmark what they suggested, so I thought I'd ask here generally so other people can have it as a reference.

Where can I find a liturgical calendar for the EF online? One I saw was somewhat antiquarian, showing calendars for several different older missals. I am looking for the one--I assume a single calendar--that is licit now

Thanks.

Kenneth
  • MatthewRoth
    The Tridentine Missal Project has the general 1962 calendar online. The Latin Mass Society of England and Wales has an online ordo, which generally works for the USA and includes local information for E&W (which we in the USA need badly btw). Divinum Officium also tells you what liturgical day is when, though it is limited to the general calendar.
    Thanked by 1amindthatsuits
  • Liam
    http://missale.heliohost.org/

LMS has not yet posted a 2015 ordo.
  • The Tridentine Missal Project site is very helpful. Haven't tried the LMS site. Thanks. Kenneth
  • BenBen
    I also have the EF calendar entered into google calendar. PM me your email address that is associated with your google calendar acct and I will share it with you if you would like.
  • The question I have is that divinumofficium doesn't list the 1962 Missal, if I have that correct. After Summorum Pontificum, isn't there an official ordo? Or is it just whatever follows the calendar in the Misssale and no one exactly posts it? I mean, in the sense that the calendar for the year in the Ordinary Form is set for each Episcopal Conference by those bishops.

Kenneth
  • As official as it can be – Ordo Divini Officii Recitandi Sacrique Peragendi 2015 by PCED itself! Somewhat late, but still earlier than in 2012–2014. Surely, it's not free.
  • chonakchonak
    I'm glad to see an on-line bookseller for Libreria Editrice Vaticana is available now. The disappearance of paxbook has made it difficult to know where to refer people to buy exorbitant liturgical references. :-)

Incidentally, maybe it's a bit of good news: they're offering a Latin OF missal.
  • I use this one. It's 1960 though.

http://divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/missa/kalendar.pl
  • MatthewRoth
    The confusion lies in that the rubrics of the office in the EF are those of 1960, whereas the rubrics of the Mass are of 1962. The only conflict would be (I believe) between commemorations not made at Mass (none allowed at Sung Masses in ’62 Ritus Servandus) but kept in the Office. I don’t think feasts got moved between the breviary and missal...but if there were, there were no more than a few in number.

There is not currently a drive by anyone wants to do and can do a national ordo just for American dioceses, like the LMS Ordo, because there has not been cooperation from the chanceries where requests for info was sent (I asked a priest friend who for years did this for the FSSP, the PCED, and the diocese in which he was assigned).
  • vansensei
    http://divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/missa/missa.pl

This website has all the calendars for all the missals (as I know certain traditional groups use pre-1962 rites). It's run as of now, by St. John Cantius in Chicago.
  • Actually, to be more precise: divinumofficium calculates the calendars (we don't have to construct them every year by hand! Thanks to Laszlo Kiss's legacy). The Divinum Officium project is unrelated to St John Cantius: see our home page.