Ignatius Pew Missal
  • Wondering how many of you are using this new resource? Who brought it home from the Colloquium in Indpls? Comments? Any problem receiving your copies? How is it going? I'm wondering first who is using it besides us. What benefits or drawbacks you see in it? For our own little parish and situation, it is the best resource we've had.
  • I have not received my copy yet. Here is the email I received when I inquired about it:

"I am sorry but this item has not come in to stock yet. We are expecting it to arrive next week. We will ship your order as soon as we receive it in the warehouse. I am sorry for the delay in receipt of your order."
  • donr
    Mine has shipped and should be here this week. I will not be using it but will show it to the pastor to see what he thinks.
    From what I can see, its a better throw away missal.
    I will let you know more when I actually get my copies.
  • We are using it at Annunciation in Houston and are quite happy with it thus far. Holy Rosary in Houston is also using it.

I posted a review of it in an earlier thread.

One surprising/disappointing aspect is the apparent preference for “Roman” chant hymn melodies rather than the Solesmes melodies that “Sing to the Lord”, IMO wisely, commends. This means, for example, that “Creator of the stars” uses the “lower” form of the melody.
    Thanked by 1BruceL