O Gracious Dwelling, two
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    Francis posted a lovely hymn with great words by Adam, "O Gracious Dwelling". My new melody made RC see it as processional and MJO gave a good rubric for what such a thing is.

Here is an anthem (SA, Organ) for Epiphany.

Thanked by 2Salieri francis
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    updated pdf
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    And the harmonization, SATB hymn style.

Thanked by 2Salieri francis
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    And a quick mp3 of the SATB. While there may be a mistake or two left, this uses all the tuning theories i've been working on to correct the voice leading. The vowels are still very rudimentary, and no consonants ... but it may serve to give an idea.
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    And last but not least an equal tempered version on organ, proving, one hopes, that the tuning survives mistuning.
    Thanked by 1Salieri
  • SalieriSalieri
    Will, I think there's a problem with the 'tuned' MP3: I have all my volumes up: Media Player, desktop, and external speakers, and I can't hear anything! Can you reload?

The detuned one works perfectly.
    Thanked by 1mrcopper
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    You can't see the Emporer's new clothes? Fixing it now .. and corrected. One of the easy tuning things to hear is the tenor part, measure 25 -30, recorded at 0:44 and following. At first the E has to be tuned low, with a ii chord, then it is tuned high over a V chord.
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    edit: Recording of the anthem,see below
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I like it.
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    Thanks Adam. I'm kind of geekily proud of the double counterpoint at the octave, tenth, twelfth, and parenthetically or interchangeably at the 9th, 13th, and 14th, in the intro.
  • Did you finish the work and is it available to see/hear?
  • francis
    mrcopper:

what is the sound font you use for voices?
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    Patricia, if you are asking about my anthem version,[edit] see below! Francis, I've cobbled together a bunch of vowels and consonants that are loaded into Gigastudio, called with program (patch) changes, pretty much one per syllable-vowel, another for an English diphthong. Most of the actual sounds came from an early sample library called "voices of the apocalypse", plus some newer sounds that I haven't quite worked into my routine.
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    Here is the O Gracious Dwelling anthem and an approximate recording.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • francis
    mrcopper

ah. yes, i figured it was one of the high end synths.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    1. I really like this. It has a bit of an English feel to it.

2. I'm not super happy with the "show the heart" line still. It's okay, but I still think something that modifies "the call" would be better. "...hear the call / that does something...."

3. I'm unsure how I feel about the ending that doesn't conclude the entire poetic line.
    Thanked by 1eft94530
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    1. Me too.
    2. Me too. I'll keep thinking about the line.
    3. Me too. I'm fixing it, will make that coda organ alone.
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    Then let us come and bend the knee, and still the voice, and hear the call
    That bids the heart to prayer, and see: the Child revealed as God to all.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I posted that before. I think it's the best so far. Open to further improvement.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I'm fixing it, will make that coda organ alone.

Or add the last two words.
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    Done, and I think better. Thank you.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood