Anybody have an Offertoriale Triplex?
  • JonLaird
    I would love to know if the offertory "Elegi, et sanctificavi locum istum" is in it, and if so, what are the psalm verses (I intend to set the first one to a psalm tone a la Richard Rice). This is the offertory for Dec 12, Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Thanks for your help!
  • I'm afraid you're out of luck, Jon. Elegi does not appear in the Offertoriale. When faced with these situations, I feel no compunction picking my own verses, in this case, probably something from the same chapter of 2 Chron (7)., such as:

12 Appáruit ei Dóminus nocte, et ait : Audívi oratiónem tuam, et elégi locum istum mihi in domum sacrifícii.

The Lord appeared to [Solomon] by night, and said: I have heard thy prayer, and I have chosen this place to myself for a house of sacrifice.

14 Convérsus pópulus meus, super quos invocátum est nomen meum, deprecátus me fúerit, et exquisíerit fáciem meam, et égerit pœniténtiam a viis suis péssimis : et ego exáudiam de cælo, et propítius ero peccátis eórum, et sanábo terram eórum.

My people, upon whom my name is called, being converted, shall make supplication to me, and seek out my face, and do penance for their most wicked ways: then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sins and will heal their land.

The return should probably be Et permanent oculi...
    Thanked by 1JonLaird
  • JonLaird
    Richard -- thanks, this is very helpful. I suspected as much; a couple of these chants seem obscure and I have not had much luck finding anything out about them. I would have emailed you for your suggestion if I had struck out here, so thank you for jumping in! We will probably use v. 12. I had not even thought to ask about the respond yet, so thanks for offering that as well.