Prayer for Fr Mark Kirby
  • Fr Mark Kirby, who many of you may know by repute or from his blog Vultus Christi, is unwell at this time, so of your goodness you might pray for him.

read here

Fr Mark is part of God's answer to the decay of the Irish Church. His community in their prayer are, I believe , the spiritual warriors at the forefront of this battle which is not against flesh and blood.

Pope Benedict wrote to the Irish Church, in the wake of the scandals:
    Particular attention should also be given to Eucharistic adoration, and in every diocese there should be churches or chapels specifically devoted to this purpose. I ask parishes, seminaries, religious houses and monasteries to organize periods of Eucharistic adoration, so that all have an opportunity to take part. Through intense prayer before the real presence of the Lord, you can make reparation for the sins of abuse that have done so much harm, at the same time imploring the grace of renewed strength and a deeper sense of mission on the part of all bishops, priests, religious and lay faithful.

Fr Mark and his growing community have established Eucharistic Adoration, praying particularly for priests, and if there is anyway you can support their foundation, spiritually or materially, let me appeal to you to do so.
  • miacoyne
    Thank you for letting us know. He is a wonderful priest. I've enjoyed reading his writings. Praying...
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • Praying. Very grateful for Fr. Mark and his work.
    Praying for the Church in Ireland, too. Such an important part of Christianity and so much suffering from the Irish, I can only hope that God will preserve and strengthen them.
    Thank you, God, for Ireland, and for the work of so many good Irish and good religious there.
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • Fr Mark Kirby home from hospital

Thank God, Fr Mark is doing better.
    Thanked by 3Kathy CHGiffen chonak