SF Bay area
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    After leaving Boston, I discovered that there were about a dozen or so people in the area that I knew fairly well online and never met in person.

The same thing is starting to happen to me after leaving the DFW metroplex.

So, now that I live in Berkeley:

Who of you are in the Bay Area that I should meet?
    (And is anyone interested in a group get-together?)

Post here (if you want other people to know also) or PM me (if you are currently incognito).

• melofluentmelofluent
    Little Joe, if she's still there, I'd go to (I think it's) Corpus Christi off upper Park Blvd.
    at the south end of Piedmont. Do a search for either Janet Sullivan Whitaker or Fr. Leo Edgerly Jr.
    Fr. Ricky Manalo is on staff at Old St. Mary's Cathedral in SF Chinatown, and loves to receive musical visitors. He offered me free digs whenever in the city a couple of weeks ago.
    In your travel to Christ our Light you did meet Rudy de Vos, yes?
    Fr. Jeff Keyes and our intrepid Sam Dorlaque are further down I 80 in the South Bay in Newark, but definitely worth a Sunday visit.
    I think either/both eft and Richard Mix are associated with St. David of Wales in Richmond, not too far at all from Bezerkley.
    Perhaps my old mentor, Rv. E. Donald Osuna is in retirement in St. Jerome's El Cerrito, also not far. He would give you a perspective on the liturgical "revolution" of Oakland Diocese in the 70's.
    Ken Canedo might be up there somewheres too. And Chris Tietze is ?still? at new St. Mary's Cathedral , SF on Gough St.
    I'm not too far south, 235 miles or so. Put you up.
  • eft94530eft94530
    I think you know who I am and where I am.
    :-)
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • melofluentmelofluent
    I gotta B-I-N-G-O!
    We goin' to Sizzler, we goin' to Sizzler! (Name that movie!)
  • donr
    I think that Frank LaRocca is in the Oakland area.
  • Don't forget Bill Mahrt!
    He's more than a scholar and a gentleman and a hard-working choir master.
    He's also a good cook!
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Yes, Frank teaches at CSU East Bay (CSU Hayward on older maps) and can always be spotted at Composers inc. events. This Tuesday Nov. 11 he has a big premiere at 1st Congregational in Berkeley. I'll be looking for church musicians in Florida next week but am happy to meet colleagues on my home turf as well.

Adam, if you have the chops to read Eton choirbook rep. one-on-a-part you should certainly try to meet 'Vaarky'.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • And now Jeffrey Morse in is SF! Lots of good folks up there.
    Incantu as well!!

How long are you in Berkeley? I'm up in the Bay Area a few times a year.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    How long are you in Berkeley?

Undetermined. Several years, at least.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Until he moves to the desert.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    He can move to Tracy to be in the desert, MJM, get over your inner Rick Steves.
    Yes, my other mentor, Frank, to be found at the TLM St. Margaret Mary (also off Park Blvd.) when not deservedly galavanting about the globe as an ambassador of "La Causa." Across 580 was, WAS my alma mater OHS, the place where music and humanity were forged as one for me culminating in AD 1969.
    Oakland is a Florence for the 21st. Except the Raiders. D*mn.
  • Adam,

Greg Plese, Arthur Connick and I are all relatively near.

Cheers,

Chris
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • Adam,
    Welcome to the Diocese of Oakland. Let's meet. My office e-mail is spdorlaque@stedwardcatholic.org.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood