Marian Antiphon Leaflet - Simple Tones
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Attached is a PDF for a one-page, double-sided, fold-in-half leaflet with the four seasonal Marian Antiphons, with the Simple Tones. It has English interlinear translations. You can print a bunch, fold them and then keep them around for all your seasonal Marian simple tones antiphon needs.

I made it because of reasons.
  • Thank you- exactly what I needed and was about to produce. You are a gem!
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • CGM
    I downloaded it for reasons.
    Thanked by 2Salieri Adam Wood
  • SalieriSalieri
    I made it because of reasons.

You're reading too much Aquinas.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • kevinfkevinf
    My reason is that I like it. Its a nice folder with all the antiphons. Et Voila....
  • Thank you, Adam. I always found it to be a painful process trying to figure out which one goes where. I don't think the Breviary makes it clear.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    You're reading too much Aquinas.

Or not quite enough.
  • Hey, in the Salve, Regina, there is an episema over the do on "-ter" in mater. I don't recall seeing that before. Is it a version of the antiphon, or have I been singing it wrongly all these years?
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Hey, in the Salve, Regina, there is an episema over the do on "-ter" in mater. I don't recall seeing that before

Oh. Um..... I added that. Because it sounds better that way.
    (And because of reasons.)

(Also, I removed all the vertical epismata from all of them. Reasons.)
    Thanked by 1ryand
  • SalieriSalieri
    Oh. Um..... I added that. Because it sounds better that way.
    (And because of reasons.)

The horizontal episema is a mark of expression, not, per se, length : viz. I like it.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • I see. Also, I just took about twenty minutes running up and down the stairs of my office working to print it half the size double-sided so that I could tuck it in to my Breviary. (I have real trouble with printing double-sided.) Is there a simple way to print the thing (or reformat it) to get it to be a little half-sheet?
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Is there a simple way to print the thing (or reformat it) to get it to be a little half-sheet?

I don't really follow. I mean, I can imagine this, but gosh that would be some small text.
    What are you thinking it should look like.

PS -
    Print page one.
    Put the paper back into your printer, reversed (this takes experimenting)
    print page two
    fold
    you now have a 5.5 X 8.5, four "page" leaflet.
    (That's the idea, anyway)
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    Now, where to find something similar for the Magnificat and Benedictus notated in the various Modes???
  • ryandryand
    Legendary thread is legendary.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • SalieriSalieri
    Earl: Fr. Weber has those.
    Thanked by 1Earl_Grey
  • I was just looking to make it half the size it normally prints at, since the 5.5x8.5 is a little big for my LOTH book as is. I managed to print what I wanted as a PDF (individually and then merging the files), essentially 2 on 1. With a high enough quality printer, it is still quite legible. Trimming is necessary, of course. I couldn't get it to print two copies per page, either, so it's not exactly eco-friendly.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Glad it worked out. If you want/need any of the source stuff, let me know what and I'll provide it.
  • WGS
    Adam,
    very nice presentation.
    Have you considered providing the proper Versicle & Response after each antiphon? I know that our pastor likes to intone the V&R after the antiphon. That's fine for him, but it's not likely a congregation will be comfortable with the response unless it's printed in front of them.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    bump, for the new season.
    If anyone needs the Salve source file, let me know.
    I will post it all eventually, but if you're in a hurry I could dig it up for you.
    Thanked by 1JDE
  • BenBen
    I also put together a sheet with both Salves for my singers a while back.

Here.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • JDE
    Thanks, Adam! This will be in my Schola's library by this evening.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I also put together a sheet with both Salves for my singers a while back.

Here.

How do you sing it with all those ridiculous lines and tiddles all over the notes?
  • matthewjmatthewj
    If you can't figure out where the twosies and the threesies are, how can you possibly sing chant?

PURPLE BOLD UNDERLINED ITALICS.
  • SalieriSalieri
    SALve REgiNA, [unh] maTER miSEriCORdiAE, [unh] viTA, dulCEDO...