Gloria and Creed on All Souls
  • I think that on Sunday Nov 2, the proper Mass in the ordinary form is All Souls, and that the Gloria is not sung and that the Creed is not said. The Missal rubrics seem clear although not perfectly explicit.

The Canadian ordo says that the Gloria and the Creed are to be said.

What are you all doing in your parishes, and on what basis?
  • CharlesW
    The Ordo for the southern states says the Creed is said, but the Gloria is omitted.
  • eft94530eft94530
    Ordo Book 29

Archdioceses:
    Agana; San Francisco.

Dioceses:
    Caroline Islands; Chalan Kanoa; Honolulu; Las Vegas; Oakland;
    Reno; Sacramento; Salt Lake City; Samoa - Pago Pago;
    San Jose (California); Santa Rosa (California); Stockton.

Gloria NO
    Creed YES
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Southwest? No Gloria, lots of Credo.
  • So with some internautical exploration, I find: in English Canada: both; in French Canada, ordo calls for neither but correction was issued for just the creed. Austria: both. Italy: neither. France; both.
  • SalieriSalieri
    I wonder how many of those places where the Gloria is said at Requiem Mass on All Souls' actually did so purposely. Perhaps it's just a copy/paste problem. That explains why in French Canada neither were called for (since All Souls was a weekday last year - No Gloria, because it's a Requiem, no Credo because it's a weekday), but then corrected. Perhaps the editors just copied the propers info, but left the ordinary the same for the 31st Sunday Per Annum? Call the Diocesan office of Worship and ask them - they might issue a correction too.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen BruceL
  • Dave
    Salieri makes a good point. Contact one's local office of Worship and go from there.