Allegri's Miserere
  • canadashcanadash
    I would like to have my choir learn Allegri's Miserere. I know there are free editions at CPDL, but I thought I would see if there was an edition where the faux bourdon was written out. Does anyone know of one? This may expedite the learning (and remembering) process for my choir. Thanks.
    Thanked by 1amindthatsuits
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    I'm not sure what the problem is. The Christopher Moore edition (CPDL no. 03308) at CPDL has everything written out. even the plainchant for the verses (CPDL no. 03308). However, I much prefer to sing from the Denis Mason (CPDL no. 02960) edition which, although the faux bourdon for the chorus is not written out, the accents are given (by underlining the syllables), and it is quite easy to sing from and allows a little more rhythmic flexibility than the written out Moore edition. The Rod Mather edition (CPDL no. 18241) also has everything written out and is quite good.
  • canadashcanadash
    Choirparts! I've been using your videos! Thanks for all of your work!

Thanks Chuck. Someone suggested finding a copy where the rhythms were completely written out and that this would be easiest to learn and would save time. I like the Mason edition as well and it was the one I had first chosen.
    Thanked by 1amindthatsuits
  • PhatFlute
    Yes, ah, the one type of chant that i do love! Truly,

Ph