Office of the Dead Help!!!
  • Fr. Pastor: How can we make All Souls Day more solemn?
    Me: Solemn Lauds.
    Fr. Pr.: Great! Ooo...I have a black cope! You should get started on that.

I'm in the process of preparing a booklet containing all of the office of the dead for All Souls but that can also be used for wakes. Psalms set to the Roman tones, responsory using Mundelein tones.

So my question. I have found info on the forum for copyright acknowledgements for Mass texts but what about the breviary? I haven't had to do anything like this before so I want to do it right.
  • BenBen
    You'd have to have to deal with ICEL copyrights, which you can find on their site.
  • chonakchonak
    A worship aid for a one-time parish event should be no problem.
  • RevAMG
    No royalty is charged for reprinting ICEL translations in a publication for use at a specific celebration of an individual congregation or institution, provided that the following conditions are met: (1) the publication is not produced by a publishing firm; (2) the publication is not sold; (3) the appropriate copyright notice appears on the cover, inside cover, or title page; and (4) the official editions of the texts are followed exactly.

For the Four Volume Liturgy of the Hours, the copyright notice would look like this: "The English translation of The Liturgy of the Hours (Four Volumes) © 1974, International Commission on English in the Liturgy Corporation. All rights reserved."
    Thanked by 1JSHerman