For he's a jolly good Catholic: Dr. Peter Kwasniewski!
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Our friend and colleague is profiled and interviewed in the NCRegister here.

I also want to shamelessly plug his SACRED CHORALWORKS anthology of his compositions and arrangements. He, a totally righteous and humble evangelist for the Church and our Lord's gospel, has taken his place among the pantheon of true contemporary RC composers along with LaRocca, Nickel, Clark, Nestor, Latona, Olbash, Quick, Allen, Ostrowski, Giffen, Morber, Bartlett et alii who have found new freedom in the traditional disciplines of our Roman cultures and documents. Bravo, Professor.

Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • ronkrisman
    et alia alii

Corrected. I don't think any of those men are inanimate objects.
    Thanked by 1M. Jackson Osborn
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Darn pedantic Latin scholars! Always busting a working MAN's chops!
    How come I always come away from meetings with clerics feeling like a union Wobblie who wandered by mistake into J.P. Morgan's boardroom by mistake?
    Just for that, Padre, gonna boycott yer bilingual Mass for a while, niener x3.
    And for the record, this MAN is an inanimate object, and no Iman! Phui.
  • As the owner of a feisty pet rabbit, I always felt there must be some additional reason I'm so fond of Melo; I just couldn't put my finger on it before.
    Thanked by 2melofluent CHGiffen
  • rob
    Mr. Mix, I'd keep my fingers away from any feisty rabbit, pet or not.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    niener x3.

niener. iij

FIXED

• ryandryand
    Thank you Adam. Now I understand what that means.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • I don't think any of those men are inanimate objects.

Well, THIS morning, maybe.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • That's sound advice Rob, though our eldest (named Robbie) was more of an ankle-biter when in a frustrated mood. Jimmy Carter was a very wise man.

I can't help feeling bad about the possibility that maestro Kwasniewski will click on this lengthy and active thread expecting a litany of kudos :-(
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Richard, I'm pretty sure Peter's not unduly concerned with kudos. He, after all, is a philosopher by trade.
    I just happen to think, like so many of my CMAA friends, acquaintences and colleagues, that he represents the ideals we cherish in direct action. As we were reading through six of his pieces last Wednesday I noticed the last one, a quite elegant/simple solid hymn with a unique (Latin) text I'd never encountered. It also is the school alma mater for Wyoming Catholic College. I just think that is so touchingly cool.
    As a person, he's as gracious and self-effacing as they come, having met him in the weeklong composer sessions of SLC '13. He listened to my ocassional bluster and seemed to appreciate and accept me just the same. He must've known I was a harmless wabbit, weally.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen