Diaconate Lector and Acolyte Ceremony at Mass
  • We are hosting our Diocesan Mass for the Evangelization of Peoples with the Rituals of Institution to the Ministries of Lector and Acolyte. I only received information on the ritual for Admission to Candidacy and the Institution to the Ministry of Lector. This is somewhat above my pay-grade...I have a letter into our Diocesan Office for Divine Worship but I wonder what the brighter (and sleepless) minds on here might have to share.

Many thanks.
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    What are you looking for? An order of worship?
  • That would help...not sure if I should be looking in THE RITES or ROMAN MISSAL or exactly where. I'm not too proud to ask for help.
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    I can send you mine if that would help. PM me your email address and I'll send them over.
    Thanked by 1Mark Husey
  • matthewjmatthewj
    We just did the lector thing. I'll send it over to you.

Paul Ford also sent me over TTBB versions of the entrance chant and Communion chant. We didn't use them, but they were nice.
  • Thanks, all. I have the Lector ritual but it's the Acolyte one I don't have and I don't have them merged at all. Still waiting. Send to HuseyM@gmail.com I doubt I'll be spammed by the entire board.
  • I sent you what I have.
    Thanked by 1Mark Husey
  • it's one of those pile-on weekends- so much going on. Thanks to all for your help.
  • ronkrisman
    Mark, concerning the opening words of Fred Pratt Green's hymn. Originally it was "For the fruits of His creation..." Later Hope Publishing Company changed that to "For the fruits of this creation..." (That's the wording in Worship III.) But that raises the question, 'Are there both this creation and that creation?" Not a good place to use the demonstrative adjective.

Now at Hope's website one finds "For the fruit(s) of all creation..." "This" was changed to "all" and "fruits" was changed to "fruit," with the option to retain the "s" on that word.

http://www.hopepublishing.com/html/main.isx?sitesec=40.2.1.0&hymnID=3560
  • I know about the history of that hymn...it's the only union of EAST ACKLAM and a 1/2 way decent version of that text I could find. I ran through every ounce of Liturgical OCD I had doing the first 5 pages. Anything else is above my pay grade.
  • ghmus7
    How typical of Worship III.
    As I have ranted on this site before, it's not traditional hymnal.