Nuptial Mass Program Template - Anyone Have One?
  • francis
    Putting together a program for my son and am in MD at the moment, and need a good template for his Nuptial Mass. Anyone have one or can point me to a 'good' one?
  • JahazaJahaza
    EF or OF?
  • francis
    OF with GC
  • francis
    Rob! You are right up the street. Are you playing the Mighty Moeller at MOQ? Thanks for the template!
  • If you're doing an EF you're also welcome to use this.
  • "Hail Yaweh"? I thought alleluia was already an English word ;-)
  • eft94530eft94530
    Ummm, remember the directive ...

2001-mar-28 Liturgiam Authenticam
    http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/ccdds/documents/rc_con_ccdds_doc_20010507_liturgiam-authenticam_en.html
    See paragraph 41.

2008-jun-29 there was a CDWDS reminder about this.
  • It was my understanding that the word alleluia traditionally translated from the old Hebrew is "hail Jaweh". I suppose that could be wrong but I got that information from a Hebraic scholar many years ago.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    That's true, but we don't generally include etymological discussion into litrugical translations.
    Thanked by 1Cantus67
  • Here's my thought, ask someone you know, even a priest, what the exact literal translation for the following two words are, "Amen" & "Alleluia". I hope you get the variances that I've got in my life on the misconception of those words. My whole reason for a translation and especially one for understanding and not just artistic ones is so that people learn these things. But I do appreciate all commentary, it does help me to learn. I think that sometimes in the intellectual world it's very easy to lose sight of how much needs to be done and how valuable a simple/literal translation is.