Purchasing the Chabanel Psalms
  • discenaj
    Hi all ---

Hope you're enjoying some milder weather !

We're interested in purchasing the Chabanel Psalms (Organist Book), but our business manager frowns on us ordering things for church on-line (Lulu / amazon / etc.) --- she needs a paper trail, and is pretty strict about getting things okayed before she'll release payment. Is there any way to order the Chabanel Psalms directly from CCWatershed so that they can send a bill / invoice for our records (thus satisfying our business manager) ??

Have not yet been able to raise a response from CCWatershed, tho' I have e-mailed them directly ---

Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated ---

Many thanks in advance !
  • BenBen
    Could you just order online and forward the email receipt from lulu? As far as I know, CCW sells it's books from lulu, so you'll need to do that.

Or, if all else fails, the books aren't overly expensive: could you just buy them yourself and get reimbursed if the business manager isn't being cooperative?
    Thanked by 1discenaj
  • discenaj
    Thanks Ben --- Jeff just e-mailed me back from CCW with some advice too --- things are tricky with my business manager (she doesn't like our purchasing ANYTHING without her say-so --- but I'm sure that this cuts down on abuses), but I'll have a chat with her & our pastor, and see how they want to handle this --- as we enter the 21st century !!
  • Classic example of the tail wagging the dog. "Business managers" (like IT guys, the other most common culprit) exist to help other people do their jobs better. If they are not doing that -- this happens when they come to believe that the rest of the company/organization exists in order to facilitate accounting (or IT) -- then they need to be reeducated.
    Thanked by 1Ben
  • BenBen
    It's always unfortunate to see unneeded bureaucracy like this. One of those most frustrating things I have personally dealt with.