Colloquium Schola in the nave?
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    I was admiring the pictures from the Opening Mass at the Colloquium yesterday, and this caught my eye:

Bravo for taking a page from the French traditional Catholics, ala the St. Nicolas du Chardonnet Schola at Paris.
    Thanked by 1Jenny
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Actually, this is SOP at every colloquium, Julie. That advanced women's schola chanted superbly as did our men's schola further afront in the nave, Gospel side.
    Visual access was tough, though. We will likely stand behind the women this evening and Scott Turkington will stand on a kneeler for visibility's sake. I don't know if Jonathan Ryan will follow suit.
    Thanked by 1JulieColl
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    That's great to know, Melo, and wish I could be there. It all looks very mellificent. : )
  • gregpgregp
    Start planning right now, JC. We need more conductors from EF communities in cemetery chapels. ;-)
    Thanked by 1JulieColl
  • At. St. Meinrad Archabbey the cantors postioned themselves between the two communion lines/Those receiving filed past them shortly before receiving.
    Thanked by 1JulieColl
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Thank you, Gregp! We're going to set that as a goal to go next time and bring some of our kids, too. Hope it's somewhere near NY. (hint, hint)

You know, Justine Bayard Cutting Ward's childhood home which is now known as the Bayard Cutting Arboretum, is just a few minutes from us on Long Island. I've always thought it would be awesome to sing some Gregorian chant there.
  • JulieCollJulieColl

Westbrook, overlooking the Connetquot River, the Bayard Cutting family estate.

And a nice picture of Mrs. Ward from Wikipedia:

• G
    Im not certain that is a good name for any place that grows plants and allows the public access...;oD
    Oh, look, wouldn't these branches be picturesque on the mantle at home?

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)