Looking for a liber
  • BenBen
    A friend of mine is looking for a liber... anyone have an extra they don't use anymore?
  • ClergetKubiszClergetKubisz
    I am too. I've got a Brevior but I would like a Usualis.
  • Keep an eye on thrift stores--I picked up a 1942 Liber Gradualis for $0.50 yesterday at the local Habitat for Humanity Re-Store.
    Thanked by 3Ben BruceL Jahaza
  • The Liber is currently available as a reprint from the St Bonaventure Press. Cost: about US$125.
    A used bookseller's in Houston currently has an old one of 1950s or before vintage. The cover is a little faded, but otherwise it is in good condition. It is $125 or 30. Anyone who wants it may send me a check for that amount plus $8 or 10 postage (it's heavy).
  • Seems like a waste of money when you can get old ones here (avoid the print on demand ones) for a lot less. May even find some holy cards inside - and $12 for shipping seems high in the book world as well, you will find at abe as well.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • chonakchonak
    When you shop, make note of the edition. If you need a Liber for 1962 Missal Masses, a Liber much older than that will have discrepancies.
  • G
    May even find some holy cards inside

Love that...
    (Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • Cantus67Cantus67
    Have you checked out the Fraternity's bookstore?

http://www.fraternitypublications.com/liberusualis.html
  • JahazaJahaza
    Keep an eye on thrift stores--I picked up a 1942 Liber Gradualis for $0.50 yesterday at the local Habitat for Humanity Re-Store.

I bought one recently for $5.00 at a flea market. It's already been given away to someone who needed one!