Lod hear us, exaudire digneris..
  • bonniebede
    Sorry for raising such a simple issue but I am a bit stumped.
    My project is to teach my children's schola all the music in Jubilate Deo, the shorter 1974 version, and to teach them an equivalent in English too.
    Here in Ireland after the prayers of the faithful, we usually say Lord hear us, Lord graciously hear us. I have never heard this sung to any tune.
    The Exaudire... Te rogamus... has quite a distinct tune, which I can't get Lord hear us to fit to in any meaningful way. (aargh) Icel website has no music suggestions.

Can anyone help?
    The basic idea is that the English will help them understand the Latin, and also provide for them being able to sing the Mass in English as well as Latin so nobody (adults0 gets scared that it is some crypto latin weird singing club...I'm sure you understand.

We don't actually sing a mass at this time, we do Eucharistic adoration, and this response is the first thing we learn, so the children can chant their own petitions recto tono, and and we all make the response. Last year we just sang We pray to the Lord (do do do re) .Lord hear our prayer (re re re do)
    The kids love to make their own prayers and petitions, and fell very important when entrusted with one of our 'special' petitions, like praying for the Pope or the priest of the Pa rish, or last terms special petition, that the parish would start having regular confession times and re-install a confessional (removed in a previous renovation many years ago). Great excitement when I could tell the children that that prayer has been answered ! Hurrah.

Anyway , sorry, back to the point. how to sing Exaudire in English without mangling, help please? anyone?
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    The Third Typical Edition of the Roman Missal has music for this (p. 1442):

Or, in square notes:

(Engraving taken from Lumen Christi Missal). The text that follows the dagger (†) can also be used to conclude intentions that are not sung.
  • bonniebede
    You are a scholar and a gentleman. thank you so much, that will be a great help!