Custom Catholic Hymnal Creation and Printing
  • noel jones, aagonoel jones, aago
    The Frog Music Press staff has been involved in two hymnal projects this past year and now have time to accept more such projects.

The cost of creation of a hymnal:

$4.50 a page for public domain hymn pages.
    $12.50 for copyright hymn pages and for special format requirements.

This book may then be printed locally or by us.

For more information, contact us here.

Noel Jones, AAGO
    Thanked by 2irishtenor PhatFlute
  • PhatFlute
    Goodluck!! Noel!

Is this your company?
    Yes, and thank you,
  • PhatFlute, you struck out.
    Philip speaks 4 languages and often, the most difficult thing to understand is jokes in a language that one is mastering...hence, I think some of the comments made in response to him have failed to strike home. See, I just did it, too. And he does have a good sense of humor, so I am sure that he is not offend!

Bạn có thể thưởng thức một trò đùa, phải không?
    Thanked by 1PhatFlute
  • PhatFlute
    1) she, thank you! (Phil=Phillis, sorry)
    2) I did understand your jokes! Baseball came to me before music did!
    3) Cuoc song cua toi la khong hoan thanh ba dieu: am nhac, Chua Kito, va cười
    What a wonderful way to base your life: Christ, music and laughter!
    Thanked by 1PhatFlute
  • PhatFlute
    For you who did not translate: Cuoc song cua toi la khong hoan thanh ba dieu: am nhac, Chua Kito, va cuoi = my life is bassed off three things: Chist, music, and laughs.
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • canadashcanadash
    I am intrigued. So this would be the initial cost of a hymnal, right? What would a hymnal, after the first, cost? Thx.
    Printing & shipping costs:

Just quoted one with 200+ pages in paperback at $6.50 each, hardbound $18.

Varies due to number of pages, location and print facility we use. Prices seem to change daily in the print business.
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • melofluentmelofluent
    I'm curious, FNJ, was this quote's content all PD?
    Yes.

The copyright pages can vary in cost - usually not more than what is listed above.

• I'm working on a project and using a Catholic hymnal from 1990 as a source. It proves a very simple point. There are three distinct kinds of music in it:

1. Hymns from before 1960
    2. Hymns written by people who had no interest in learning to write hymns for congregational singing.
    3. Attempts by people who knew how to write hymns but attempted to create hymns that would be popular.

Based upon that, less than half of the music that the parish paid for exist in today's hymnals or is sung anywhere.

Writing music for the Church is writing music that builds the repertoire of the congregation.

Creating your own hymnal gives you the chance to help build this foundation. The publishers of the last 50 years have created their idea of what music in the church should be. Now you have a chance to do the same for your church.
    Thanked by 1ryand
  • Can customers then resell their customized hymnals? Or can they (other people's custom hymnals) be ordered thru you?
  • If a hymnal is built on our stock designs with the only "customization" being choice of hymns and the name of the church on the cover, it would be available to anyone to purchase with their own church name.

If it contains any original material or change in design, it is the property of the church that it was built for and may be sold by them - not by us.