St. Josemaria Escriva June 26
  • CharlesW
    Has anyone ever set, or seen, a music setting of the psalm for this? It is Ps. 2:7-12 and the antiphon is "Praise the Lord, all you peoples!" Please, no square notes. I am using this accompanied psalm with singers who would not appreciate neumes.
  • Andrew Motyka
    What Mass is this for? I can't find that antiphon with Psalm 2 anywhere in the Lectionary.
  • CharlesW
    Neither could I. It is the actual mass for the saint on June 26. The associate pastor gave me photocopies of the two readings, psalm and gospel. I don't know where he got it.
  • Andrew_Malton
    Psalm ii is proper for the memorial Mass, and also reciting it is a characteristic devotion.
  • CharlesW
    Ben has come through with a setting he composed.
  • Here is the setting I composed for an Opus Dei Mass in Honor of St. Josemaria Escriva last year in Baltimore.
  • Chrism
    The English readings are also available here.

This page (updated url) also includes texts of the prayers for the feast in many languages. N. B. At the bottom of the page is the proper of the Breviary in Latin, which includes several original Latin hymns that could be set to common chant melodies.
    Thanked by 1rich_enough
  • BruceL
    Thanks, everyone. Wanted to bump this as we are having the "memorial" on Saturday here. Thanks especially to @OrganistRob320 for the psalm!
  • chonakchonak
    Has the psalm antiphon for this memorial changed? In 2012, I set the psalm for a friend's event, but then the antiphon was "Blessed are all who put their trust in the Lord."
  • BruceL
    I checked my pre-2011 Daily Roman Missal, and the psalm is the same...maybe you took the psalm from the Common of Pastors (which is also an option if you don't want to use the proper texts)?
  • chonakchonak
    I probably went by what they sent to me. Thanks for checking!