Director of Music and Liturgy--Catholic Church of St. Ann; Wadena, MN
  • rollingrj
    From the website CatholicJobs.com:

This position offers a unique opportunity to build a music & liturgy program from the ground up, in collaboration with a young, musically trained and supportive new pastor who wants the parish to be a model of high quality music & liturgy for the region.

The position is ideal for a newly graduated student wanting to gain resume experience for 2-3 years with the freedom to continue or move on, though the position is also suited for someone with extensive experience or a desire for long-term employment as well. Considerations may be made for those with less than a graduate degree.

My vision, as pastor, is to implement the reforms of the Second Vatican Council by introducing antiphonal chants, establishing an emphasis on quality sacred music, and providing a wider breadth of hymnody than what the parish has been singing since my arrival nine months ago. We have tried to heighten the parish's sense of encountering Jesus within the liturgies by reintroducing simple sacred traditions that were neglected for a time (e.g., processions & chant), and the response has been overwhelmingly positive.

St. Ann's Parish is a growing parish with 650+ families. It is located within the central area of Minnesota, but don't let the location dissuade you. It is one of the largest Catholic and Christian churches in the region. Unfortunately, it has suffered from a lack of leadership in the areas of music and liturgy for a few years. At present, every element of liturgy and music is lead by volunteers or my own direction. The demands of ministry do not allow me, as pastor, to adequately train our volunteers or implement the above, so we are in need of a full-time director with the initiative and fortitude to spend two to three years to build our music & liturgy programs to a level where they can be maintained by either the same director or another.

We need a director who can organize and conduct choirs, teach liturgical musicianship to our vocalists and instrumentalists, and introduce a deeper sense of the sacred with the music and liturgies we celebrate.

A full and detailed position description can be emailed to interested parties in MS Word (docx) or PDF formats. Salary is negotiable.

~Fr. Aaron Kuhn, Pastor
    Praying that God's will be done

Read more: http://www.catholicjobs.com/job/6419116834#ixzz31nt0XcmS

The job description is below.

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions