Seeking a copy of The Book of Divine Worship
  • chonakchonak
    Does anyone have a spare copy of The Book of Divine Worship, the Anglican-use Catholic liturgical book from 2003, that they would be willing to sell to a layman?

An Anglican-use Catholic contacted me today to ask if I might be able to help him locate one for the use of his family. Their previous copy was stolen some time ago, and the AU parish they attend doesn't have any available to offer.

I see that listings for the BDW on the used-book market are pretty steep ($131 and up, for a book that originally cost $25!). Perhaps someone out there would be willing to part with one for a more manageable cost?

If you have one to offer, feel free to post the selling price you'd like. I'll pass along the family's e-mail address privately.
  • Contact Fr Hough (pronounced 'huff') or Deacon Barnett at our Lady of Walsingham (E-mail: office@walsingham-church.org; Tel.: 713-683-9407; Facs.: 713-683-1518). Or, if you wish, I could send you one for the price of the book (I think under $20) plus postage for a rather heavy book. Those who use this book should be aware that the order of mass has been superceded by a newer version for all the ordinariates in the world, and which has some basic differences from the BDW version. Eventually, the entire book will be superceded by more current versions, the work of Anglican Use and Vatican scholars. There is, now, only rite one (or, more correctly, one rite). If you wish to share my e-mail with your friends, feel free to do so. I'll be happy to get them a copy of the BDW as well as of the current order of mass.
    Thanked by 1chonak
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    I don't own a copy, but I have downloaded the one available here (PDF) of the BDW

• Blaise
    To the OP, I do not know what parish your contact is at, but respecting M. Jackson Osborn's remarks on the new order of Mass, not all AU parishes have switched over to it (OLOA in San Antonio, for example, is an archdiocesan, not an ordinariate parish), so the BDW is not obsolete yet.

If there is anyone else who wants a copy of the BDW, I found that they are being sold for $120 or more on Amazon.