Chant Preludes - Organ
  • I want to put a 'plug' in here for a recently released publication by my good friend Gregory Hamilton. It is entitledTen Chant Preludes for Organ, and is published by WLP. I have played Dr Hamilton's work on several recitals and have found it very well received and a joy to play. His counterpoint is particularly stimulating. He is currently the Music Director of Holy Trinity Seminary in Dallas, where they have been recently blessed with a new organ of eighteen or so ranks. I have not yet seen this new publication, but recommend Dr Hamilton's work with great confidence on the basis of works that he has written for my recitals, one, a meditative psalm trilogy on the passion and resurrection of our Lord, and the other, a fantasia on the office hymn for the Baptism of our Lord, Implente munus debitum. Before going to Holy Trinity Seminary Dr Hamilton was organist and choirmaster at St Theresa's Church in Sugar Land, just south of Houston, where they have an Aeolian-Skinner of about forty ranks. He has performed internationally and there are several CDs of his varied oeuvre.