Drastically off-topic font question
  • G
    I received a garbled voice mail asking me to set some music for a Mass program using a font that soudned like "aero-pon". I can't seem to reach the person by phone.

Anyone know what that might have been?
    After a little bit of googling with other spellings I could think of, I came across too many "adult" sites to want to continue.
    TIA

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Several font names have "Open" at the end of them, or are commonly referred to that way.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    (G)aer(a)mon(d) (Garamond)?
    Thanked by 2francis Adam Wood
  • Liam
    Probably Garamond; it's one of the most recommended serif fonts widely available, instead of the uniformly dreadful Times Roman fonts (which were designed to save newsprint, at the expense of ease on the eye - use Times Roman fonts when you want to discourage reading).
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    One of my favorite fonts. How did I not think of that?
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    While I really do like Garamond and have tried it on and off in my music engraving and other uses, my go to font still remains Palatino Linotype.
    Thanked by 1Choirparts
  • ChoirpartsChoirparts
    Palatino Linotype... not bad...thanks
  • SalieriSalieri
    +1 for Palatino Linotype.
  • Garamond and Palatino Linotype are both nice. I also like one called High Tower Text, which I have used for service folders. It is quite fine.
  • Liam
    But I doubt that's what the OP was asked to use in the garbled message. Garamond sounds a lot closer to aero-pon than Palatino Linotype....

• CHGiffenCHGiffen
    True, Liam ... I was just stating my druthers.
    Thanked by 1Choirparts
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I have recently adopted "Linux Libertine" as my preferred font and political worldview.
  • ChoirpartsChoirparts
    Sorry Liam,
    Charles was on topic...since the title is "Drastically off-topic font question"

Adam,
    I see Wikipedia likes " Linux Libertine".
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    I have Linus Libertine, too ... and I do like it.
  • G
    Thanks to everyone.
    Garamond was my first thought, too, but repeated listenings made me sure it began with a vowel, and when the printer finally called, (too late for me to do anything about it,) it turns out it was "aeropone light" which I don't have anyway.

I'll look into Libertine, but Garamond is my default, although I've been cheating on it with Palatino recently.

If anyone here has ever watched The Middle, one of my CCD students turns out to be Brick, and he and I spend way too much time talking about fonts.

(Save the Liturgy, save the World)
  • awilliamsawilliams
    Does anyone know which font solesmes uses in their recent publications. It seems like the best from Garamond and Palatino.