LAREC, The Francis/francis effects, and two roads ahead?
  • melofluentmelofluent
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.
    Robert Frost

As much our good friend from Wyoming, clad in sackcloth soaked in honey and locusts, rails on about his conversion and submission to THE TRUTH, the intensity with which he delivers his message doesn't mean he ain't right.
    As much as our good pastor from Argentina and late of RomeVC, clad in lesser vesture and well-worn black shoes, whispers to the whole world both the truths of the gospels and the mission of Christ's Bride, it doesn't mean everyone really "gets" the message, takes it to heart and then CHANGES ego to discipline/discipleship.

Having watched two major liturgies (technically they qualify as (some) peoples' work) from LAREC (Los Angeles Religious Edcuation Congress), and try to correspond "wha' happened?" there to the nice little account of the local guitar group singing the propers and ordinary a capella in their small church, I am like Frost's wanderer. I am sorry that we all have to choose one road over the other. I am sorrier, frustrated actually, that it appears the road "more-travelled" seems to be fast-tracked to be widened even further, due to these "event Masses" such as occured in Rio and now in Anaheim. I am not discouraged, but disheartened that more and more souls are not now, nor will likely ever be encouraged to look down the road less-travelled, the one whose humble cobblestones and dirt somehow are not showing up on the GPDevices of the millions hoping to be on the Glory Road.

Unlike Fr. Kocik, Rv.Dr. Schaefer, Dr. Kwasniewski and many of you, my esteemed colleagues, I cannot literally deliberate that choice to leave the people to whom I am responsible for serving their needs at worship in the manner of the Saints of ages, and which enables me to "be God's child." I choose the road less-travelled in my heart and my heart and soul know that should redemption and providence be granted me, then the foretaste of salvation history in the Mass of ages will come to me in time, actually outside of time.

In the meantime, it is a grievance that so many souls who, as pilgrims, go to these events and are impoverished, malnourished, but they "feel" full, satiated with the grandeur and EFX that only LA can do! But, when they go back the road more travelled, now an eight lane freeway with a fast-track pass, THEY instruct our children in the tenets of our worship, then our faith. Talk about restorative justice? Howabout restoring justice in each and every parish by restoring the celebration of the vetus ordo in a worthy manner?
  • canadashcanadash
    THEY instruct our children in the tenets of our worship, then our faith.

This is the main problem, isn't it? And on and on it goes.
  • CharlesW
    Well, Charles, some have told me we at last have the answer to, "Is the Pope Catholic?" ;-)